Friday, July 17, 2015

From the MTC

Hello Everyone!!! 

I learned so much this week! It's like my testimony is on fire! The days have finally started to pick up and i am used to the schedule! :D (Yay!!!) I love my district so much! I am so grateful that god gave me an obedient, hilarious, bunch of elders as my roommates. Something that happened this week is that we taught our "investigators" a lot! It made me feel so excited to start serving in the field! Also Happy Birthday Tanner!!! Elder Smith's first name was Tanner and he's kinda like you so that's fun. So i am flying out for Ghana on Tuesday! So i should be able to call you guys before i go on the flight and when i get there! I can already tell that it is going to be such a culture shock, but i know that i am so much more prepared than before i was at the MTC. I saw Elder Kent Sommer and Elder Kauer again so that was fun! Elder Kauer is getting better at dutch which is kinda funny. Instead of saying "Yeah" he says "Yaw" so that kinda cracked me up.

I had a really spiritual experience this week! I got pretty sick on Tuesday with a sore throat and coughing, but I had a couple blessings from my roomies which helped a lot and I got all the way better yesterday! The cool thing that I learned from this sickness was about opposition in all things. When i got better I was so happy! I stayed awake, I studied more effectively and I would just laugh for no reason! So the thing i learned this week is when you are having a tough time that seems like it won't end (i swear time stops here sometimes.) it is literally for your good! That lesson is going to help me a ton in the mission field! I feel like the MTC wasn't made specifically for the physical preparation for missionaries but more of the spiritual and emotional preparation for the mission field. 

Anyways, I just got another hair cut! It was crazy how fast the lady cut it! She used a comb and then just shaved whatever was above it with lightning speed it was crazy! I can't believe next time i Email you guys i'll be in Ghana! Its so exciting but nuts! I hope your vacation at Lake Powell goes great! I keep having dreams about seeing the family at meetings and stuff haha i feel like everyone has changed as much as I have but that is probably not true :) 

Thanks for everything Family! I love you! I know this church is true with all my heart! 






No comments:

Post a Comment