Monday, March 21, 2016

Goodbye to Teshie

Toyo teh?! Yejo Bah! Acho bo Teh? Acho Mie Elda Ballad Onu? 

Hello Everyone! I thought I would greet everyone in the very romantic language of Ga. Thank you all for your wonderful heart warming emails :') This week was super short because last week I wrote on Tuesday. But lots of things happened! Our area was doing better! We found more people to teach and everything was doing great. Then on Saturday evening  as our apartment was about to enjoy some rice with stew and plantain, BA BAM! My district leader got a call that I would be going on TRANSFER and that I needed to bear my testimony at church the next day. So that was a big hit to me. I knew I would be transferred one day but when I actually realized it would happen, I was kinda shocked. So I didn't sleep well that night. But at church it was fun to say goodbye to all the members and teach a class. Then Sunday evening I got a call from President who told me I would be going to a place called Official Town in the Ashaiman (Uh-Shaman) Zone. Which is a place that is very well known for it's dust. So it looks like I'll be wearing my glasses for a while. :)

I'll be leaving on Thursday so I'll still be able to see some of the people I know. At first I was kinda reluctant and I just didn't know what to expect. But as I sang "I'll go where you want me to go." It helped me a lot to know that I am needed there and that just like I said last time: all missionaries are directed by divine priesthood keys. So I'm excited and anxious at the same time. I know I'll love the people no matter what. :D I'll also be having my first American companion who's name is Elder Burns. So that's really exciting! Next week I'll send you pictures of my area and companion and everything else. I'm going to miss Teshie, I've spent a third of my mission here, but I know that I need to go to Official Town. I know that God loves us so much and that he wants us all to follow him. I am so grateful to be a missionary at this time and place! 

I want to wish everyone a happy Easter! Let's make it a day not all about marshmallow bunnies and chocolate eggs. But let's try to remember Christ's ultimate sacrifice towards us. He was sacrificed for every bad feeling, guilt, heart break, sorrow, sickness, annoyance, offense, pain, grief, and sin! (See Alma 7:11-12) Most importantly he broke the bands of death so that we can be resurrected and return back to our loving Heavenly Father. Without Jesus Christ's Atonement. Repentance would be impossible, therefore we could not progress, we could not become clean again. That's why Jesus Christ is often called by the titles "Savior, Redeemer," or "Messiah." Of all the things I testify as a missionary or as a member of Christ's church, this is the most important: That Jesus Christ is the Savior. Let us remember that without him, there is absolutely no way. For he said "I am the way, the truth, and the light." I know this is true. I hope you all have a wonderful Easter and a great week! I love you so much! 

-Elder Ballard

PS Happy Birthday Shandee!!! I can't believe you'll be sixteen this week! O_O Also To my nephew Tristan!!! He's gonna be one! (He'll be two when I'll come back?!) 

Pictures: 
This is Na. One of the cutest African girls I have ever seen :) 

Love ya most! 






Some of Mama Mercy's grand kids!

Na and Blessing

I said goodbye to Rama and Shiva. (I helped teach and baptize Rama.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment