Monday, April 18, 2016

Another Change!

Hello Everyone!!!

I hope that everyone had a decent week! Sometimes it's rough but just know that it always gets better! That's coming from someone who hand washes his clothes! :D This week was super duper surprising!
On Wednesday me and Elder Burns went out to a members place where he received a call from the mission office to be transferred within the next three hours. :O whoa! So we hurried and biked around where he could say goodbye to all the members who he knew for his first 7 months. So that evening I got my new companion who is Elder Howland. He's a pretty cool kid! He's been out for like 5 months. He was transferred from an area in the mountains that was like a paradise, so it was hard for him to adjust to city life (biking, heat, tons of people.) but he did really well. He is also is a picky eater bless his heart. So I’m excited to work with him and be in this area with him for a long time. He can also speak Twi pretty well so I might be able to learn more!
Something also which is sweet is that his family sent him and IPod touch without knowing it wasn't allowed so president let him use it! So I'll be able to facetime with all of you on Mother’s Day!!! Woot! I'm so excited for that!

This week was a crazy one but at the same time nothing happened. But there is something I learned that I can share.
This week I really learned that God is in control. I've only been in this area for three weeks and now I am leading it! So it's kind of fun because it's like we are exploring a whole new place every day. But at the same time I was kinda scared that I wasn't capable for it. But as we went out and taught I knew that God qualifies who he calls and that he is always in control, all we have to do is our part. I know that God loves us and that he wants us to be happy. That's why he gives us families and friends. That's why he gives us scriptures, temples, the gospel, the Holy Ghost, and most importantly that's why he gave us the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know these things are true. I know that things aren't easy, but I know that with God anything is possible. Keep doing great things and have a wonderful week!

-Elder Ballard


Pictures: Me saying bye to Elder Burns and Me in the Official Town Ashaiman Area.

No comments:

Post a Comment