Monday, August 10, 2015

The Danger of Biking

Hello everyone!
I can't  believe I've already been out for a month! This week was probably the hardest week yet but I have learned so much! This week I really focused on listening to people as we teach and has helped me a ton with teaching because if you know how they are feeling the spirit can come in and help you know what to say! Anyways the hardest day this week was Friday. Almost all of our appointments fell through and it just wasn't a good day. The worst part of it thought was when we were biking home really fast and my bike petals shifted way bad. So my shoe went right in between the front wheel and the tire brace. Being the tanks they are, my shoe stopped the wheel instantly, acting as a very powerful front brake... Next thing I feel is my back wheel fly over my head! I did a front flip on a bike! :D I landed on my knees and hands which was good. It was such a hard hit though that I thought I broke my wrists! But they were fine, just a little sore :) Also when I flew my pamphlets flew everywhere so that was funny. This one woman who saw me yelled "Ayee!" But as I started riding again everyone who saw me kept repeating "sorry, sorry." Again I know that God protects his missionaries haha. At the time I didn't think it was funny, but now I wish that I got it on video because I don't even know what happened! So that was the hardest day, but with trials there are always blessings!

The next day in the morning I felt so sore, and I just didn't think I could go on strong. But since the power has been on for like 6 days (which is a miracle in itself!) I got to shower without a bucket which is always nice. We taught lots of people and I felt the spirit really strong!

So I just wrote a whole story but the internet just deleted it so I will try to tell you another time. :(

Funny things I thought of this week:

There are tons of roosters here so whenever one crows I think of Nat quoting Dr. Marvin "Cock...A Doodle DOO!"
The music here is like the same beat and style of "Angel" by shaggy and Raymond but once I heard someone playing "Time after Time." the song off of Napoleon Dynamite during the dance scene which was just weird because the music didn't fit the scenery at all haha.
  
Austin: The toilets are nice in the missionary apartments, but there are just sewage gutters everywhere where people just urinate into whenever they want.
And also mom my iPod has no songs on it so that's a bummer.
I'll try to answer your questions better next week. I am just scared to press "Save Draft" again.

Fun Ghana Fact: It is custom to greet people no matter what if you pass them when you are walking. Otherwise it is rude, the people here are so nice!

I love you family and friends! Thanks so much for your support and love! It is so nice getting all the spiritual thoughts from you!

-Elder Ballard
Christiansborg Zone

Pday on the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment