Monday, August 31, 2015

Last post of August

Hello my friends, family, and loved ones of all ages! (Even you Bunny.)

This week I had several great experiences! I am coming to love Ghana more and more! I am so grateful that I can be on a mission! :D
So first off, we have had power all week! That's 7 days of power! Power is such a blessing because the water pump works, our showers, and our fans that help us sleep! So that has been great :) Me and my companion have had many differences, but this week we worked them out, which has made us even closer friends. He is such a great trainer and has helped me learn so much! Missions really do help with your future like nothing else! You learn how to cope with someone who has different opinions than you, you learn how to manage money and time, the list goes on and on! I am finally to the point where I am very comfortable with the food. I can eat it with my hands really good now ;) One lady who always feeds us on Sunday always puts meat from a cow's head in her soup which took a while to get used to, but now it's not bad! She says it's from America. (haha!) For breakfast we usually have what is called "Bread and Egg" where you cook an egg and put it between bread. Then you press the bread on the pan so it cooks around it. So that is pretty good :) They also have strawberry milk mix that I buy most of the time for like..28cents? haha it's crazy to think about the how much I would be spending in America. This week the thing I missed a lot we're movies! I really had the urge to watch Sword in the Stone because as we we're cleaning the church on Sunday I was mopping while singing the dishes song which later turned to "to and fro, stop and go." which was hilarious to me. I make myself laugh way too much, people probably think I'm weird head. But it's okay :)

I'm going to answer questions early today!
Dado: Sorry I haven't talked about our apartment much! I will send pictures when I get the card reader :) It is pretty nice for Ghana standards! We have a gas stove, a refrigerator, a microwave, an iron, mosquito nets, fans, and desks! We do have another companionship living with us! Elder Morris and Elder Omokoh! I think there are 5 rooms all together in the apartment so it is pretty nice. My area is like 20 minutes to Accra so it is pretty urban, but there is no huge buildings or anything, but it has a decent amount of cars!
Yeah I cook! We bought pancake mix and I had it for my first month, so now I can make pancakes! I can also make African spaghetti which I will have to show you guys when I get back because it's pretty great! My companion is a great guy, he just has a whole different culture than me but I'm glad I got him! When he plays soccer he screams like a little girl which makes me laugh :) He has actually been a member all of his life! So we sing primary songs together and things which is great fun!
Momma: Yeah my convert is such a stud! He says he wants to be involved in everything so he can learn! He even bought himself nice shoes, and we taught him to how to tie a tie last week! He hopes they call him to be a teacher so he can learn. What a humble guy! I also gave out one book mark to a recent convert and a big picture to Obed. Also I don't need a stain pen :) I think the things you sent are good. Tell bro Scott thanks! These flip flops break so easy down here and I flippin loved those we bought from him! (see what I did there?) ;)
Redge: Happy Birthday Bro! You are now the age of my convert! So I’ll tell him that :D Your subject of your email made me laugh dang hard by the way. You should send me a picture of that tree!
Shandee: Shannee! Thanks for your email! Your drawings amaze me! Thanks for everything you said! :D



So I had a very spiritual experience this week. We we're teaching a less active member who had a brother who hated the church. He also had his only child die at child birth, so I had the opportunity to share about Carver, and about how Austin and Karen went through much much heartache, but because of the gospel, they are able to have more vision and comfort. But as I was bearing my testimony, and teaching him, I started being in tears, which is pretty rare for me since I do it so often now. But something touched me. That night, I realized that Carver is doing the same work I am doing! Just on the other side of the veil! I also felt that the reason I felt the spirit so strongly, is because Carver was testifying with me. Grandpa and Grandma Ballard we're testifying with me that the church is true, and that the Plan of Salvation is true. From that night on I will always remember that Carver and Grandma and Grandpa are testifying with me. This gives me so much comfort and still makes me a little teary. But I would like to testify that I know that the Plan of Salvation is true and real. I have felt it's truthfulness so much and I know that if we obey all of God's commandments that we will be blessed with eternal families, which is the greatest gift known in eternity. I know that what I am doing is right. I know that God knows. I know that Christ loves me and all of you. He is our master and our king, and our Brother. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment