Monday, October 5, 2015

Conference!


Pacho Eti Sen!

Hello everyone! Thanks so much for your support and love! I have really felt your prayers this week and I love you all so much. I have so many things to write about so hopefully It makes sense!

This week I took lead, at least for the first few days. It was really hard because whenever i taught i felt like i was being observed and i couldn't be free with teaching. So i kept getting nervous and messing up which was hard on me. I feel like my trainer is like Dad, i want to make him proud! But whenever i tried to do my best i just messed up. But it was really good and i learned a lot! Sorry that i haven't got a picture of sister Grace yet! She got confirmed yesterday and it was a neat experience!

So during the week i got a phone call from the APs... and I got called...  As... *Drum Roll* A Trainer!!!
So I will finish my training this week and at the same time get a trainee to train! When i first got the call i was so scared and felt incapable. I've only been out for three months and i barely know everything about my area. But on Tuesday there was a training meeting that really helped me. President Heid said that God trust us very much to call us as trainers. Then as I watched the new apostles testimonies of Sunday, they all talked about how they felt incapable. Then they said that "God qualifies those who he calls." and so all of their testimonies helped me so much. I am also excited to get to know them better! they seem really awesome, I called that Elder Rasband would be called, but you know. :)

Conference helped me so much, one of my favorite talks was Elder Holland's about mothers and how he compared mothers to the Savior. It made me miss Mom dang bad, but it was really great. :) Also i think that once you go on a mission, the spirit testifies to you so strongly, and you become more emotional. When that primary children choir sang I could barely hold back the tears! Primary hymns have always been in a soft part of my heart. Now whenever I start singing "Love is spoken here." I can't finish it because I get choked up when i sing "I see my mother kneeling, with my family each day, I hear the words she whispers, as she bows her head to pray. Her plea to the father, quiets all my fears, and i am thankful, love is spoken here." Man, I'm tearing up just typing it! Haha I also felt goosebumps when the Tabernacle Choir sang The Spirit of God.  Going on a mission has made me appreciate so many things. Every time I see conference my testimony is reaffirmed that God calls prophets, seers, and revelators. I love and sustain President Thomas S. Monson and the Quorum of the Twelve. I know that God qualifies those he calls. I know that God Loves us and wants us to be happy, and the only way to be happy is to follow him and keep his commandments. I know that prayer is true. I know that missionary work wouldn't function unless it was directed by God. I love this Church and Gospel. I know that we aren't lost, we are in the right place. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Culture Corner: People here love social media, they all have really nice phones but really small houses. It's crazy to see someone who doesn't have a toilet but has an iphone 6!

I hope Tanner is doing okay! That's tough about the pick up!

I love you all! Thanks for all of your emails and support!



Pacho Byo!


-Elder Ballard

No comments:

Post a Comment