Monday, November 21, 2016

A Baptism!

Hello Everyone! I love you! Okay, that about covers it. Have a good week! Just kidding.

Man this week was a cup of sunshine and a half! (Literally! It's super hot!) at the first of the week I was kinda sad and stressed, but In the end I was so happy and relieved! After like 2 years of being taught CHRISTIANA GOT BAPTIZED! It was so awesome! Nothing makes a missionary happier than a baptism of someone who you've been teaching for months! (Well, the exception of a sealing. But still!) Man when she got in the water I (quietly) high fived the missionaries around me because I couldn't hold it in. It was also super cool since we combined our branches together and had a combined baptism of 6 people! So it was just a great Sunday. Before the baptism we watched the Africa West Area broadcast which was sweet! Elder Dube (who was baptized by my mission president ((supposedly?)) spoke about replacing our father's traditions with gospel traditions. Then Elder Gary E. Stevenson spoke (I shook his hand before!) about how "True happiness doesn't come from circumstance, but by righteousness." so that really touched me to hear, because that's exactly how the saints here in West Africa are. They hardly have temporal things but they are leading in spiritual things! It was so cool to feel like I'm a part of them since I've lived like an African for so long. 
Other than that, my week was pretty normal :) Baptism kind of recharges your spiritual battery to find more people. Which I seriously needed! Everyday on mission my testimony has been strengthened! It's such a wonderful feeling! I am so happy to be a part of the building up of the kingdom. 
I just want to testify that this... is indeed... The Church of Jesus Christ. I know it, and I can now say that I can't deny it. 

I am so excited to call you guys next month! Plus happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I just want to tell you several things that I'm grateful for since I'm in Africa right now:

I am grateful for: Snow, grass, carpet, cheese, boneless meat, clothes dryer, Walmart, family, Doritos, bacon, potatoes, paved roads, constant electricity, and The Book of Mormon. Just to name a couple. :) Thanks so much for your love and care towards me! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving week and may us all be grateful for what we have. I think I'll try and make a special dinner on Thursday :) 

Love you! 

Twi of the Month"

Ko Fa Turkey No Bra me di

"Go take turkey and bring it back so I can eat it"


-Elder Ballard 




No comments:

Post a Comment