Tuesday, April 18, 2017

First Week in Adenta

So apparently in Ghana they celebrate Easter Monday...? Which made it so all the internet cafe's were closed. So I get to email on a Tuesday! 

Thanks for all of your great emails! You make me feel so loved :) I love you all so much. Honestly, this week was so slow, good night Irene. Getting used to an area is weird. But I think I'll really like it here, and it's a really cool place to finish. Church on Sunday was cool, we had it in our nice rental house/chapel and 10 people were there when sacrament started, then 88 were there when it was done :D haha. But it was great. On Saturday the Elders Quorum cooked for the Relief Society which was fun to help out with. When I met my bishop he was slicing carrots for the soup in his normal clothes. So I told him "If you need anyone to play keyboard I can do it." then he stopped cutting and said "Hallelujah!" over and over and told all the members that I could play haha. I'm always grateful to help out the best I can with what I have to offer. :) So yeah the members were really cool. There's lots of RMs here. We are also having another baptism this week which will be fun. I didn't teach him much but yeah! His name is Wisdom and is a super cool guy who's 23. 

On Easter Monday my companion took me to a really nice outdoor "chop bar" and we bought a ton of fufu with light soup and beef :) There was old country music playing on the radio which reminded me of home, like Randy Travis and Alabama. So we really enjoyed the holiday, I got to know my companion more. He's a really cool guy. He's very humble and loves to laugh. 

Today our mission president came to our district council and taught us. Man I love President Heid. I'm so glad I was able to have him for 2 years as a President. He interviewed us all and in my interview he just showed me the departure list and the group I'd be going with home and the time of my flight and stuff. Then he said "It's not fair that your going home before me, what is that?" haha He is also going home on July 1st. Anyways, I'm trying my best this week to just find where the members live, and then keep trying to strengthen the branch and get more baptisms! But it's not easy to not think of home when everyone around you reminds you :D 
But I know everything will be cool. I know I'm in the right place and that God knows why I'm here. I love this gospel and I know It's true. This mission has made me a way better man than I was before. 

I love you guys! :D Thanks for the support! Have a great week!   -Elder Ballard




A rhinoceros beetle off of bugs life :) 


Me and Elder Effiom in egg form


Frogger! He's a cute little frog that says hi to us when we're washing
 our clothes in the back yard. (whenever I talk to him I use my Kermit voice.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment