Monday, January 18, 2016

A Better Week

Hello My Loved Ones!

First off, I want to express my sincere, deep gratitude for your emails. I just felt so much happiness as I went through and experienced all of your support and love. I just can't say how much it means to me to get emails from all of you. Thanks so much! 

This week was so so much better than last week. You might guess why...No food poisoning might be part of it. But this week was just so good! We worked really hard and found new people to teach. Which makes time go way fast! I am so grateful for Dad teaching me the meaning of work! 
Last week I saw what it was like to not work at all. Time went slow, I felt like I couldn't fulfill my purpose etc. But this week it was so refreshing to work and sweat to invite others to come unto Christ. I think God really gives us a little sorrow so we can experience happiness more fully. I think of Adam and Eve and think about how they were "having no joy, for they knew no misery, doing no good, for they knew no sin." (See 2 Nephi 2:23). That is the same with us! We need to know misery to know joy! So I am so grateful that God can put us through trials for us to become stronger through the atonement of Christ.

But this week we were able to work with members more, find new people, get some referrals, and teach good lessons! Missionary work is so much fun! Hopefully we will be having a baptism at the end of the month. His name is Abraham, he was the guy who had the word of wisdom problem but as we visited him this week we found out that he hasn't taken any since we have taught him! The atonement has such power to heal people! So we are excited for him.
This week as I was studying. I thought about my brother-in-law Dylan and how he knew the Articles of Faith very well after his mission. So I wanted to follow his example as well as Elder Perry's example to memorize the Articles of Faith. I can proudly say that I have all 13 Articles of Faith now memorized. But don't think it's a huge accomplishment or that it takes hours of work. All it takes is you reciting it over and over and you will have it down! I can promise you that if you try to memorize them as well that you will be able to, and that it will strengthen your testimony and reaffirm to you what "We believe in." As I studied them I learned so many things and I know that you can too. So that is my challenge to all those who desire :) 
I am so grateful for this opportunity to be in this wonderful country and experience so many experiences that will help me become a better person. I can testify to everyone that we are in the right place. We are on the right track. All we need to do is to do our part, and God will do the rest. I know more than ever that Joseph Smith really was the prophet of the restoration and that we have prophets and apostles just as in ancient times who hold authority from God to guide us. I know that The Book of Mormon is a true, sacred record from God. It gives us the fullness of the everlasting gospel, it disproves false doctrines like infant baptism and gives us further knowledge of why we need to baptized as well as that Christ didn't just die for our sins but that he "suffered pains and afflictions of every kind".(See Alma 7:11) I know that the Plan of Salvation is real, God knew us personally before this life, We have a purpose on this life to learn and to grow and to be tested, and we can see our loved ones again. I know these things are true more than ever. If you are having difficult questions in your mind about these things: "I would exhort you that ye would ask God the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto by the power of the Holy Ghost. And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth in all things." (See Moroni 10:4). I know that if you do these things that God will answer you. No matter what question you have, he has made it clear in holy scripture that he will answer you. I know these things are true and can say it in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Thanks so so so much again for your emails. They really do give me renewed zeal to press forward. I love you all and I am so grateful for each one of you.

Culture Corner:
So in Ghana I noticed that they sing different hymns in the hymn book that were a little unfamiliar to me. some of them I kinda knew but some of them I didn't know at all. Here are some of the numbers of the hymns they sing here. If you ever have time, look them up, listen to them, and picture an African congregation singing them with me. :D 

111, 44, 64, 103, 125, 143, 163, 172, 221, 226, 230, 273, and 266

Pictures: People hear go and sell things while carrying them on their heads! The girl on the very right is a member named Sandra and this is her family going to sell cloth. I helped put the laundry basket on her head and saw that it was flippin heavy! It must have easily been more than 100 pounds! Plus she isn't even using her hands! I am just amazed at the strength of even the little girls who can carry it on her head.
Then here is me, A little kid called me "Obolo!" which means "Fat"... So I was feeling self conscious and wanted to send a picture to show I'm not to big or anything. yet ;) just kidding. 

Okay thanks again everyone! I love you all so much!




No comments:

Post a Comment