Monday, January 25, 2016

Patience

Greetings from the home of Banku! 

Thanks for all of your emails and love! It was great to hear from all of you! So today I got stuck with the computer that has a sticky keyboard so if there are spelling errors forgive me. 
This week was a little rougher than last week but who can really complain? It's the Lord's work! During this week, our investigators were more busy and it was hard to find more. But we still had some great lessons and experiences. We got to visit a couple more members who were missionaries and they gave us some great counsel. While we talked with one member I realized that some are sowers in the mission field and some are reapers. Some plant the seeds and some harvest. So that really made me think.

Whenever you don't feel like you are progressing just "Stand still, and see the salvation of God." One of the biggest lessons I am learning on my mission is patience. Patience just solves so many problems, stresses, and headaches. While I was studying in the first section of PMG It talked about the differences in the mission of Ammon and Abinadi. Ammon taught the king and converted his whole people. Abinadi preached and was killed without even knowing that anyone accepted his message. But through him came Alma and Alma the younger, Heleman, and thousands of other converts! So it doesn't matter what part we are doing as long as we try our hardest. Sometimes we don't see the fruits of our labors but all things happen in the "wisdom of he who knoweth all things." I also studied a talk from the ensign this week (thanks for sending Mom!) it also had the theme of patience. it's from Elder Koichi Aoyagi. He said "Put God first regardless of the trials you face. Love God. Have faith in Christ, and entrust yourself to him in all things." So that is what I learned this week and I know It's true! Just keep putting your trust in God and just do your best!
Anyways, this week was also one of the hottest in my life, While I was biking there was just like 4 drops of sweat coming down my face at once! Except today we came out the door and it was super dry again. So I guess the weather is bipolar like Rexburg is sometimes. Mama Mercy almost fed us some giant snails but my companion refused which was probably smart of him. 
So it's a little short this week, but just know that I am doing fine and am loving life! Thanks again to everyone for your love and support and keep trusting in God! I know this work is true and that following the gospel is the only way to be truly happy. We can experience temporary pleasure if we sin, but it is only when we are righteous where we can experience more rice, full, and lasting happiness. I know these things are true because I have experienced it! 

Thanks again everyone! Love you all so much! 

Pics: My companion's bike tire popped so we went to a bike shop. This was one huge bike pile! 

Okay, Talk to you next week!                             --Elder Ballard 

-

No comments:

Post a Comment