Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!


Hello Everyone! Afishi Apa! Apparently here Christmas lasts for a whole week because no one really has time to celebrate it in one day. Afishi apa also just means "Let us be better people than we were last year." So we still say it to people since it's new years.

Holy Cats it was fun to talk to all of you!!! It was so nice! But I have never seen time move that fast ever! It was fun to hear your responses of how I sounded. It was just crazy to hear how all of your voices sounded and all of your laughs! I am so glad that we were able to have a family prayer! The spirit was so strong, I just hope next time I won't sound like a wounded dog :) I am just so grateful to have called home and to remember what everything is about! I am on this mission because I want to help people experience that happiness that I felt in such a short phone call. I know that families can be forever and that they are ordained of God. I don't have much to talk about this week teaching wise, because everyone traveled or was busy. But we still taught pretty well and got to do random acts of service which is always fun :D 

I am so grateful for the presents I got! That bag of jerky and apron are so sweet! Hopefully I'll use it! All I really make here is French toast and egg sandwiches! But i'll still do it for fun :) I am also grateful for those letters and ensign! That will be sweet to have all those conference talks! Christmas morning I made French  toast with jam! It was so nice. I even wore my santa hat and apron while making it (pictures attached.). I love being festive! I decided to just leave out my mini Christmas tree because there’s no way in Kumasi  I'm packing that around for another year :)

Christmas in Ghana was different for sure. But I still felt the same spirit on Christmas day that I have felt at home. Christmas is such a wonderful thing and I am so glad I get to spend two of them in Africa! I am so glad that Christ came to save, redeem, and love us. We are forever in his debt and we should try our hardest to always remember him. We should try to make every day like Christmas. Where we give to others and enjoy time with our family. Being in Ghana has humbled me so much, I know more than ever that I have been so blessed in my life. Most people here can't afford to have Christmas. So let us all remember to be humble and to give to others. I am so grateful for this week and for my family. I can't think of any other people I would want to spend eternity with! (along my future wife and kids) I am so grateful for our father's plan of happiness! If you go on a mission you will realize that true happiness really comes from family! I know these things are true because I have felt them myself. I hope you all had a great Christmas and I hope you will have a happy new year this week! I can't believe it's already 2016!

I love you all! Thanks for all your emails and support!


Christmas conference



Christmas morning French toast!




-Elder Ballard

No comments:

Post a Comment