Monday, January 11, 2016

Wounded

Hello Folks!

Thanks for the couple of emails that you sent! This week was really interesting and slow, but I learned a lot and I'm excited for this upcoming week.
This week Sister Sanders put a picture of me in a hospital bed on Facebook :) before I say anything just know that I'm fine and that nothing is wrong, It's just an eventful story :)
Here's the story:
So it turns out I had food poisoning. I think it was when I made spaghetti and the tomato paste was old or something? I'm not sure. But on Tuesday I started feeling sick and told my companion that we should go back to the apartment. I'm glad I told him that because a half hour after we got there I  felt way more sick and had diarrhea pretty bad. As the day went on I asked for a priesthood blessing so my companion and Elder Conduanne helped with that. In the evening my companion made me rice which was nice of him. But after a couple of hours I threw it up which hasn't happen for a year or so now so that was fun. After that I just couldn't keep anything down and I was really dehydrated so I called Sister Sanders who is such a nice Lady, she carries out her calling so well. She then told me if it keeps up then to take a taxi to the hospital. During the night it was difficult to sleep. I had to get up for the bathroom. After I turned off the light to the bathroom I just lost all my strength and felt really dizzy so I was feeling for the walls and I hit my head on the corner of the wall, then I went through the doorway to my room with lots of noise. My companion woke up, lifted me up and took me to my bed. It was then where I said "Okay, we can go to the hospital." So then we waited two hours and went. It was a really clean, nice hospital! They gave me an IV and after 4 hours I felt good again. I just had a really cool H mark above my eye.



So anyways it healed really fast and everything is okay. :D Such an adventure!

With my sickness I had to stay home for another day then I went out and proselyted. This week was a little hard for that reason but we also found out that some of our investigators moved away without telling us! But we hope to find more people to teach this week. 

Our church is now at 8 am which is interesting! After church we go out just like it's a normal day and teach! Ghanaians love to get up early and there is three different groups in our chapel so that's why we have it at 8. This week that old man named Abraham came to church which was good! We hope to prepare him to be baptized at the end of the month! After church Bismark's family (Who is our favorite family to visit, remember sister Grace?) wanted a picture since it was their baby Destiny's 1st birthday. They are such a great family and they have helped us so much. It was crazy when I got here Destiny was only 6 months! 

This week taught me lots of things. It's really frustrating sometimes where you can't even do what you want to do or if things happen outside of your control. But God doesn't want us to be discouraged, he wants us to become better and learn from our trials. So I am so grateful for all the things I have learned so far and I am so grateful for this 6 months of my life I have given the lord and can't wait to keep serving for another year and a half! Time goes so wacko on a mission! Anyways I want all of  you to know that I know this church is true and that God loves us so much. He is always there to help you along the way. I know these things are true in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Have a great week! Thanks for your support and love! 
 

Bismark's family as well as the ward mission leader behind me.

Love you all! 


-Elder Ballard 

No comments:

Post a Comment