Monday, February 29, 2016

Don't Worry, Be Happy

Hello Everyone!!! 

First off thanks for the amazing emails! I made the guy next to me look at me because of laughing so much! It's so awesome to hear from all of you and just see how great life is! This week was kind of different but it was just really happy! 

Our area has been a little harder to get people to come on Sunday since church is at eight and that our area is the farthest from the chapel. But we have still been having really happy attitudes which makes all the difference! One day we had like ten failed appointments but me and my companion we're just laughing at how ridiculous it was. I really believe that a good attitude is the most vital motivation more anything! I also believe a bad attitude is the thing that will totally stop progress in anything. If you have ever worked with someone with a bad attitude, you can really see that they're getting no where. It's just awful to see someone tear down someone else's happiness. Or as Elder Holland said "Downing a quart of pickle juice every time someone has a happy moment." Truly a good  attitude is the seed of progress. If something bad happens and you can laugh about it, chances are you'll be less stressed and still have a good day. That's something that I have learned from my Dad. If my Dad dropped something he'd just bust out laughing and make everyone else laugh. That is another thing about having a good attitude is that you get to benefit others and help them progress in what they're doing. On the other hand, when you have a bad attitude, you hinder others to progress. That is my lesson today to all of you, have a good attitude, things will work out, things won't be hard forever. Plus always remember that "There are things you can learn in a storm that you could have never learned when the weather was calm." So that was the lesson I learned this week. Have a good attitude and be happy :D 

Speaking of happiness, this week when we went to my chapel one day, and one of our members brought a trumpet and let me play it! (picture attached) I also got a video of me playing "Oh my Father" which sounded really nice in the chapel. It was really weird to play an instrument that I only played at home! After I played I looked up from the music and realized once again that I'm indeed in Ghana! I seriously am still realizing that I'm in Africa. Time is such a funny thing! 
Elder Nybo is our new apartment member like I told you all last week. It has been fun helping him get through the trials that I once went through when I first came. It still feels like yesterday that I came! Maybe because I'm still in my first area I don't know. But anyways he's doing great and will be a great missionary as he grows.

Also four of the Elders in our district are being transferred and being replaced by sisters so that's crazy. (picture attached) All of them came to Teshie after me so I've known them all for a while. So that's how mission life is! 






Solomon, a recent convert, got the priesthood this week.









In closing I just want to give thanks to all of you. As a missionary, the love you have for your family and friends multiplies by about 56 so I can't even tell you all how much I love you. I love this gospel and know that it's true. I know that following it is the only way we can be happy. I know that we all can be happy, as long as we are willing to try to have a better attitude. I know that the Plan of Salvation is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I am so grateful for all of you and say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.


Kokonte (It's like Fu fu but tastes a tiny bit different. There was so much though! it was the biggest bowl I've ever seen! Plus they put pieces of beef on top.)
-Elder Ballard 

No comments:

Post a Comment