Monday, June 20, 2016

Birthday Soaking

Hello Everyone!!!

Thank you all for the wonderful emails and love that you send me! It makes my heart glow :D This week went by way fast! Lots of sweet things happened and everything is doing great in our area in this little part of Africa.
First off I want to give a shout out to Dad and wish him a Happy Father’s Day! You have been such an example to me and have helped so much in my life, I couldn't be here without you and I am so grateful also for your sense of humor and love towards our family.

So at the beginning of the week things went pretty well, it didn't rain much but it was just really cloudy which is always nice :) Then on Wednesday evening I get a call from our mission president who asked "Could you and your apartment come to the temple tomorrow at 8 am?" After I said an enthusiastic "Well, Yeah!" and hung up, I did several fist pumps with my companion and maybe even did the cotton eyed joe. just kidding. ;)  Man I was so excited! I haven't been to the temple since November! So we were able to wake up early the next day and get there and go. Man the Ghana Temple is so beautiful! Everything inside is just themed with Africa and it's so amazing. I am so grateful for the temple and the blessings we can receive there! Going to the temple was such a great experience and it gave me the power and the zeal to go throughout the week with enthusiasm! I'm so grateful that I got to go!

Also another fun event is that it was one of our recent convert's birthday on Friday. So like I said before, the tradition for birthdays is that you'll get water poured on you if it's your birthday. We were determined to soak her. :) They have those little water bags that you tear off the corners that have pretty good pressure, but I had a better idea. I took those balloons that Mom sent me on my birthday (the big ones) and I filled them with water and tied them. Then we were able to sneak around the shop and have someone say that someone is calling her. As she was walking towards her house we nailed her with water balloons. It was pretty fun because Ghanaians have never seen water balloons before. Also one of the other workers soaked her with like three more buckets. So she was pretty dang soaked. (picture attached.)
We also were able to teach good lessons and have great experiences. I also finished my first journal this week! So I started my new one which is exciting. We didn't have that many investigators this week but we got some new people which will be great for this week. :) Also our recent convert David is such an amazing convert! People were asking to open Doctrine and Covenants and he yelled out "Which section?!" which was just way funny to me. Also this week was his first week to wear a tie, so he looks like a full-fledged member now! Except his tie is super short. But we'll work on that. Conversion is such a miracle. It is such a privilege to be a part of this great work.
I love this place so much and I am so grateful for this opportunity! I know this church is true and that God loves us more than we know. I also know that God loves us all equally. I know the Book of Mormon is true and that we can keep praying to receive our own witness.

Twi of the Week!
Ahden? (Aw-Den?) Why?

Pics:
The Temple!
Sister Evelyn after her birthday "soaking"

Love you all! Have a great week!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment