Monday, June 13, 2016

Rain and Richard

Hello Everyone! Thanks for the emails and the love that your sending me all the time! Dad, how dare you send me a picture of Aunt Elsie's macaroni salad?!? When I saw it I literally looked at the ceiling just sighing and wanting it so bad. But it's okay I know I'll have it someday :D

This week was a little challenging but we still laughed about it which is always good :)
Like I said, rainy season is here! Every day it rains at least once so it's been pretty fun stuff! Sometimes it rains so hard that we have to find shelter otherwise we'll be toast! Or more like damp bread. :) It's really fun though! Once after a lesson it rained way hard and we couldn't even see out of their window. Luckily after the lesson it was still just drizzling. It was the one day I forgot my umbrella but it was still really fun! we were on these back roads that are just dirt so lots of them were flooded with huge puddles!  We also had to balance on one side of a little gutter that had water rushing through it. I just wish we had pirates of the Caribbean music playing or something! My companion has these really cool shoes with holes in the sides of it so that his feet will get air which is a really cool idea. But in rainy season it doesn't really do anything. :) Sometimes I'd just be walking in front of him because I have Brother Scotts Tanks that can go through anything, then I'd just hear my companion scream and then yell "Fetch!" After which we'd just laugh and keep going :) by the time we got home my hair was all soaked and it was just an adventure! I just love being in a place that is so different than home! It's just so crazy how much water can fall out of the sky!
This week we didn't have as many lessons but we still did pretty well. I had a really cool experience taking the sacrament this week. I just love how we have the opportunity to repent and become better every week! It's such a blessing to remember Christ and his sacrifice because then we can become better and follow his example! Also when I was playing keyboard for the closing hymn in church, one of the member's semi autistic kids came up and was going to pound on the lower keys of the keyboard... So I was at war with this 6 year old, but I was playing "Dearest Children" at the same time which is really Ironic at the same time :) Such an adventure!

Also a couple of weeks ago I found out that one of my investigators in my other area passed away. His name was Richard, he was an old man who I just felt like we should sit down and talk with. He had a stroke a while back that made his leg all swollen, so he couldn't go to church. But sometimes after church we would bring church to him. :) He was such a nice old man and made us laugh a lot. He would say that I should pray opening and closing, then next time my companion would pray opening and closing, then the member who came with us would say it, then he would pray opening and closing. So that always made him laugh. He prayed in the end and we were able to have him not take any alcohol. He believed everything we taught, it was just impossible for him to come to church. So when I heard he passed on, I was sad for a split second, then I just felt gratitude that we were able to visit him! We knew he wasn't progressing but we just came and visited him when we didn't have people to teach. I really saw know that God helped us introduce the gospel to him on the earth and to have a friend right before he passed on. I am so excited to meet him someday because I know for a fact that he has already accepted the gospel. I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation. I am so grateful for temples and that through them all mankind can come back to our Heavenly Father. There is no way that a man named Joseph Smith or any other mortal man could make up such a plan. I know that this gospel is true and that God loves us so much! I know that it isn't easy sometimes, but I know that the hard times are part of God's plan for us. I know that God lives and that he loves all of his children equally! I am so honored to have all these opportunities to do what Christ would do. I know that Richard is happy and that he was grateful for the visits and the love that was there. :) This gospel is a gospel of happiness and I know that it is true, keep moving forward with good vision, determination, and with faith in God. He is with us, he knows our hearts, and is there to help comfort, protect, and lead us back to him. These things I know and say in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Pics!
I bought corned beef sausage at the American store so I made it with eggs and onions on bread for breakfast and it was so fetching nice! Especially with the steak seasoning I got!
Then here is a picture of a meal a member gave us on Sunday! It's really nice rice with stew, vegetables and chicken. Then there's the two filtered water packages that you just tear off a corner with your mouth and drink from!

Twi of the Week!

I've been learning Twi (Tree) more now so I'll try and send a word or phrase each week so that you can hear more of the language that is here.
The word this week is "Asah" (Ass-ah) which means "Finished"
I love that I get to learn some language on the way but speak English! I love Ghana so much. I also love all of you and hope you have a great week! Love you!

-Elder Ballard

No comments:

Post a Comment