Monday, August 15, 2016

Me in a Beanie


Hello America Hello America Africa Says Hello!

Thanks so much for all of your emails and love I really appreciate it! This week was cool! It went by fast again which is normal. All these days on mission are blurring together, It's crazy! The weather this week was nice and coolish, we still sweated but just not as much so that was nice. :)

A cool thing that happened was that Elder Bednar came to Ghana again! We didn't get to go though, but some of our recent converts did and they were able to tell us their experience and bear their testimonies that he really was an apostle! It made me so happy because Evelyn went and saw the temple for the first time, then since she was a youth leader she got to go again on Sunday! We are also preparing for a temple trip where a really close member family of ours called the Aziatre Family is being sealed while the other youth and recent converts will do baptisms for the first time. So I'm super excited if that will work out to where we can go too. I'm so grateful that the temple is in my mission!
Banku and Groundnut soup with the Aziatre family!

As far as teaching goes, we had a decent week. The Aziatre Family has one of their nephews staying with them until he goes back to school, so he has been doing great and has wanted us to teach him every night this whole week. So the family fed us every day this week! (pictures attached) People here are so generous! But his name is Daniel and is super interested in the church and will be baptized soon. :) It's all because of the members here that we are getting baptisms! That's generally the only way people get converted here is through the testimonies of their neighbor's and friends, not just by us obrunies (white people) So I'm so grateful for the members here. We are trying to find new people to teach this week which will be our focus. 
After church we taught this really awesome guy named Lucas. Lucas is a devoted catholic who has been to Israel and seen all the big sites (like the garden tomb, Jordan river etc.) so it was a little intimidating to teach him. But we were able to teach him about Joseph Smith and as we taught him about that and the apostasy he was totally open about it and totally agreed with it somehow. So I hope as we keep coming that we can help him and his wife come to a knowledge of it. They keep the Sabbath day better than the members here do so that was a cool thing. So the work is going onward!
I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary, I can't really describe it. It's hard sometimes but the blessing totally outweigh the other stuff. Plus when I look back on the things I've been through so far, I only remember the great times rather than the bad times. So it's a blessing to be here. I can already tell that I'm going to miss the people and the children here the most. I love how the gospel unites everyone everywhere. I know it's true and that this is God's Gospel and that it is the only way to salvation.
I just want to give a shout out to my dear neighbor Pepe who passed away this week. He was a great dog and we had many great memories together. I know me and my family, especially Bunny will miss him.
I love you all and I hope you have a great week! We're on the right path!


Me wearing a beanie of all things. I can't believe people wear those here :)
Rhoda sleeping


Twi of the Week!
Wo Ho Ye Feh Paa (Woh Hoh Yeh Feh Paa) "You look very handsome/pretty"

Love you all!

-Elder Ballard IV

No comments:

Post a Comment