Monday, August 22, 2016

Service!

Hello Everyone!!! Elder Ballard here! Thanks for all your wonderful emails and love towards me! This week went by fast I think! I don't get it. Time is always so weird. But this week was really cool! There were lots of cool experiences and activities that happened.

We were able to keep teaching Daniel and baptize him this coming 
week! As well as Michael if he passes the interview! So we're praying that everything will work out like last time!
As far as the highlight of the week, I can definitely say that it was Sunday. On Sunday it was the Primary program and I got to play piano for them! The songs they sang were "Our primary colors." "Listen with all my heart" and "I love to see the Temple." So it was so fun! Also I chose the hymns for sacrament meeting as "Dearest Children God is Near You." and closed with "I am a Child of God." When we closed with that song. The spirit was so strong because all the children knew the hymn and were singing it with the harmony part on the last verse, and I just felt the spirit so strong. Primary has really made an impact on my life.
 When I was a kid I didn't really pay attention much, but as I grew up and understood the words more, It hit me so hard how tender and sacred the words are in those hymns. Simple truths like "Pray, he is there, speak, he is listening." are so important. I encourage all of us to sing our favorite primary songs more, and try to see the message inside them, as well as hymns. I love music so much.

Another highlight of the week was the All Africa service project. Man it freaked me out because I remember doing it last year! So weird. Anyways our whole stake went to a deaf school and swept and weeded their whole grounds! It was super fun and lots of our members were there! Plus our recent converts! I love service so much and I'm so grateful that I get a time set apart just for serve for two years! The feeling after serving someone is one of the most sweet and addicting feelings there is! So I'm so glad I am here!




Anyways, just know that I'm doing fine, I love you, God loves you more, everything will work out, the church is true, the priesthood is real, we're on the right path, and we can't lose as long as we are obedient!
Pics
Children! :D
Me embarking
The service project! With some of my favorite members!
Twi of the Week!
Meh Pe Wo Paa (Meh Peh Woh Pah) "I love you so much"
Midasi Paa! "Thanks so much"
Thanks again!!!

-Elder Ballard

No comments:

Post a Comment