Monday, January 9, 2017

Hike and Service


Hello Everyone! Thanks for all your wonderful emails!

This first week of the year was awesome! At the first of the week my companion had a little sickness. But at the end of the week we really hit it hard and got some good lessons in! On Friday I just decided that we'd start walking, and go wherever God needs us to go. So we went and contacted people. One of them named Alece couldn't speak English but we told her we'd come with a member. (Her 8 year old daughter translated for us) Then as we walked down the road I felt like going behind some buildings and meeting some people there. So we went and we saw this compound or family house door that was opened. So we walked in the compound and greeted everyone. One lady was washing dishes with her hands, another was washing her clothes, and one was cooking. So my companion went and helped washed clothes (he's Nigerian so he's used to it.) then I helped a girl pound palm nuts so they could make soup. Then I helped wash the dishes. It was so fun! Service is way more fun than teaching sometimes! I don't know what it is! Sometimes all the Savior needed to do to change someone's life was serve them! So they all agreed that we could come teach them. :)
We also got to have an interview with our Mission President on Tuesday which was sweet! He's such a wonderful man. Part of the interview was just like "Well... Here's your release date." So that was fun :) The meeting that day really made me want to be better and work even harder!
I still can't believe it's 2017! Time is on a roller coaster or something!

Sunday was also really cool! It was fast Sunday and when it was open for testimonies, 4 people stood up at once to go to the pulpit! The congregation giggled a little. The testimonies of these members are so powerful. It's so cool to see how strong their faith is. We also had 3 investigators come to church! It's about time!
Also today we had a sweet activity! We went to a place called Umbrella Rock and Boti Falls! It was a sweet hike! I miss hiking way more than I thought I would! There were leaves bigger than my head (picture) and really cool rocks and trees! The senior couple even came with us! When we came to the falls it was kinda sad because it's the dry season and the falls were more like a faucet that's on low pressure. But it was still fun. I enjoyed it :)

Well everyone. I love you. That about sums it up. I know this gospel is true and that God loves us so much. I want to share a scripture from Doctrine and Covenants 50:24 It says:



 That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day.

I know that if we cleave unto the good things in life, especially the things of the gospel, the light in us will grow brighter and brighter until the perfect day. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.


-Elder Ballard



 

No comments:

Post a Comment