Monday, January 16, 2017

Smoke Alarm and Blessings


Hello Everyone!!!

Thanks for your awesome emails! This week was kinda crazy, but it turned out awesome! I think this week is going to be the awesome week!

At the beginning of the week me and my companion hit the field hard, we taught and testified like banshees! (In a good way. The spirit was strong and it was fun!)
But then, on Wednesday night our neighbor was burning something so our fire alarm went off. I would also like to add that these alarms are the ones that sound like a rabbit was thrown in a blender and it was turned on low speed. So of course just like at home, everyone else in the apartment would rather stay in bed and wait for it to turn off than to go deal with it :) So I got up, and naturally picked up and shut it in the freezer. (so I couldn't hear it.) Then in the morning Elder Igatius woke up and found it in the freezer still screaming. So he then used a hammer to get the job done. This alarm has been giving us problems from the beginning, so I believe its time has come.

But believe it or not, other things happened this week which are way more interesting than a fire alarm. :)
That morning after it went off, I had a really sore throat. It was the kind that every time you swallow you cringe. Also I was super tired. Also the day after that I had super bad face-into-the-pillow coughs. So those always make it hard to teach people... :] (Just imagine me bearing my testimony and then coughing/roaring into my companion's scripture bag) But I was able to study a lot which was so nice. The thing also is that we had to prepare for the baptism on Saturday so it was pretty stressful. On Saturday my companion also became sick. So we called the nurse, he took drugs, then slept. I went with Elder Roberts to fill the font, but there was no water in the tank and the pump didn't work. So we eventually called a water truck who pulled outside the church compound wall and took the hose into the building and filled up the font strait away. It was funny cause the water guys didn't understand why we were taking the whole hose into the bathroom haha.
After that we were able to witness the baptism of the 2nd counselor's daughter. He was the one to baptize her and it was a great meeting.

That evening I was scared because I realized that I needed to play piano for the branch in the morning. So I had a priesthood blessing given to me, and through the grace of God I woke up a little congested, but the coughs were gone. The priesthood is so real. I know it is. It's such a testimony builder. This sickness was tough, I was so sick of coughing. But it helped me understand that Jesus Christ felt it, and not only that, but for all of God's children. Not only sickness alone, but heart ache, grief, guilt, and any other spiritual pain! It really humbled me. I'm grateful that he was able to make me whole again.

Also our branch president has made a new plan for us to go out to the communities outside of Suhum and teach those villages so that we can organize little groups there! The senior couple agreed to drive us there once a week! So we want Suhum branch to split in 2019 and in 2022 have Suhum be a District on its own. So the Spirit was so strong as he kept telling us his vision. We're so excited because those area's haven't ever been touched by missionaries! So we know the work will go fast!

Also Elder Roberts got transferred today and Elder Ackley came. He just served in the same area of Teshie I was in for 9 months (the same amount of time I was there!) So he's super cool. I'll send a picture next week. Also I'm the District Leader over Suhum now, so that'll be fun, it makes sense now that I'm the tallest person in the apartment. ;)
Anyways I hope this letter makes sense. A lot happened this week. But I want you to know that I know this gospel is true. I know that God loves us even when he allows us to have trials. I know this church is true. My testimony grows stronger every day. In the name of Jesus Christ amen.

Also someone forwarded a song by David Tortilla (I can't spell his last name.) called My Little Prayer. It has become one of my favorite songs! I love how it talks about how we're always trying to learn God's plan for us. So if you haven't heard it before you should listen to it. Have a good week! I love you guys!


-Elder Ballard



No comments:

Post a Comment