Monday, February 13, 2017

Four Months to Go

Hello Everyone!

I just want to say first that I love you :) Thanks for all your emails and support you've given me my whole mission. It really means a lot.

Welp... 4 months from today I'll take that one journey through the sky. Once again I'll say that time as flew as fast as Aunt Elsie's macaroni salad at a family reunion.

This week was pretty decent, it went by fast! We went to the gym everyday which was cool. My upper body is what was hurting like a banshee. I couldn't even lift my pillow very high. I've never worked out like this before. We even have a personal trainer and everything! His name is Pino. He's super cool. He's so buff, has earrings, and a huge beard :) I feel really good now though! I hope I can keep up this habit!

There were a couple trials throughout the week. As a missionary, I think about home sometimes. But on Friday, We went out to an area we haven't been to before called Jato. We had to take like a 15 minutes taxi ride on a really dusty road. But when we got there a member showed us around and gave us lots of gifts like a bag of sugarcane, water, and a can of malt drinks (that raisin bran flavored drink) So that was super nice. The member is so cool, he sang songs with us like "Forever Young" and stuff. He's also our branch clerk.

But that day really made me realize that I'll miss the people here so much. I'll miss speaking Twi. I'll miss the food, and so many other things. I do miss my family though. But I'll really try my best to enjoy this place until I go home :) Especially the kind people. Something that came into my mind as I read my scriptures is "The pains of today are there to magnify the comforts of tomorrow." So that's a quote that I wrote down from my head that has helped me. The reason we are here is to determine good and bad hard and easy and every other thing. So that was the lesson I learned this week. I know God knows what we're feeling. Jesus Christ has literally felt those things. So we just need to be patient. Hard times won't last forever :)

I'm so grateful for this experience. It's really helped me to grow and become who I need to be. I love Ghana so much! I'll try and make these next 4 months the best ones yet!

Thanks again everyone! I love and miss you all so much! Have a great week!


-Elder Ballard

The First counselor-an alligator hat





No comments:

Post a Comment