Monday, February 27, 2017

Snails and Mice

Hello Family, Friends, and Bunny :) 

Whoa, I can't believe that we'll say bye to February this week. That's just crazy! It looks like someone took the clock off the dresser and threw it out the window because it feels like time is flying! (I guess it always has!)

This week wasn't bad! We said by to Ignatius which was more sweet than bitter but we'll still miss his laugh. Then we welcomed Elder Kasuku! From the Democratic Republic of Congo! So he's a French speaker learning English and has been out for 11 months I think! He's 26 and is an awesome guy :)

This week we also went to the market and made some Nigerian food. One thing we had was snails which I was excited for so I could add it to the list. They tasted pretty good too! But in the night time I got the chills and a fever and I was like "Son of a Korihor! Not again!" So I went to bed early. Then during the night I was sick and throughout the morning. SO I would like to caution anyone who is has a white body not to eat snails. It doesn't feel good.

One day all four of us went out contacting together! So that was super fun! We just surrounded people! One would wash their dishes, one would get all their names, and then the remaining two would explain the message and fill out a pamphlet! So it worked pretty well!

But those are the highlights of the week, we had one investigator that came to church named Benjamin so we're trying to teach him.  Also brother Emmanuel goes on his mission on Thursday! So we're saying goodbye to him this week. He's helped us a lot with teaching and translating for us.
Well family I know this gospel is true and that God knows what's best! I know that if we put God's will before our own that we will be blessed. I love you guys!

Elder Ackley was kind enough to send me his pictures so I'll send them as my own!
We killed a mouse in our kitchen, and we took pictures after church.

Have a great week! Love you!


-Elder Ballard


No comments:

Post a Comment